Milton Jones gives seven steps to loving someone you can’t stand. You’ll have to read the book yourself to see what these steps are, but here are a few of my favorite quotes:
- “If you think evil is more powerful than our God, your picture of God is too small. You had better take another look at your God.” P.15
- “If you can honestly pray for a person, you may not change the other person, but you may change in the process” P.25
- “One of the hardest lessons to learn is that revenge is not yours. Never!!!” P.43
- “If we are more glad that they lost than we are happy that good won out, our attitude is somewhat less than Christian.” P.57-58
- “Feeling guilty when we are guilty is not bad.” P.79
Loving someone that we can’t stand is truly a difficult task. But if we are a Christian, it is what we are supposed to do.